Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hello Again

Well, lost our home and had to move away...far away.
Had asked for help moving, but the masses turned to pray
Our lives left hanging, frozen in the day
Labeled as dirty, we were thrown away

We have reached safety, and man what a ride
Our true friends walked with us, stride for stride
To the ones who cringed to be by our side
As Bono says "They could not take your pride"

------------------------------------------------

I really want to thank Chris Mraz and her great kids for letting us into thier family and helping us in so many ways.

We have landed. Beth is in school and we are still waiting for the district to get Daniel started. I think the hold up is Powhatan is being slow at sending files, even though they told me they would do it "right away".

We had to leave behind so much. Furniture, electronics, clothes, cooking, food, etc. We had asked for help moving this stuff, but someone spread a completely unsubstantiated rumor, causing (almost) everyone to turn thier back. Slander and defamation can only be judged by the amount of actual damages such as the monetary value of everything that was left behind. It is good for some people that I am not the vengeful kind. What happened hurt, I mean it really hurt. It was so idiotic that it hurt even more. The funny thing is, not one of us has ever shown a symptom. So who started the lies? Not sure, but I know who spread them. And they did spread...like wildfire.

The last day we went to church even, people who normally shook our hands turned the other way. Some went out of their way to avoid us. A church that had so quickly made us feel at home had just as quickly made us feel unwanted. Unworthy. Dirty. Unwelcome. Oddly enough, I still like the church and its' theories. Some of the people are still tops, but the rest really need lessons on the dangers of gossip.

Nebraska is beautiful. The best beef and corn in the world is found here as well. There is work here. We will survive and eventually thrive.

It's good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to not be affected faith wise. Doesnt God show his love through his people?

    I want to send love back at them all and thank them for the things they did, but giving us a list of things they had done in answer to our humiliation felt like a kick in the gut to people already on their knee's.

    I do not think I have it in me to give a church another try. I know my family deserved better even if we had been the poor and diseased people this church saw us as. I cant have my already wounded children convinced of their worth by such actions.

    One prayer I would offer out above all others. Help us all be careful of grand promises and good intents, because it is easy to want to give, do or be, but when it action-less promises the damage is far greater than just silence.

    James 2:15-16

    Much love and hopes for blessings for all
    Tracy Buetow

    ReplyDelete