Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Whispering Pond by Tracy Buetow (my lovely wife)

Sad little girl at the tip of the whispering pond. She looks down into the dark reflection and sees the sky in her eyes. A feather is resting in her small hand, but blows away in the wind.

Help me rest in the unmovable.

Laughter mixed with sweet sighs of relief, toned in hues of pink and blue. Streaming waves of oil bonding to toes garnished with rings of forgiveness. Red is filling the path before this that is so innocent.


Help me give it all to the love from above.


Here in the gateway between loss and gain, we are washed in the pouring rain. With a sense of endless life, a guide in the confusion, tossed but not fallen, sinking but never drowned.


Help me to be baptized in the truth sometimes known as Jesus.


I take her into my arms and whisper “I love you”. We know now a Father who is untouched by the greed of this pain and together we believe. Torn from the womb of grievance and spinning in the mystery of a love that does not leave us.


Help me to know I am complete.

1 comment:

  1. I am honored you used something of mine as your first blog. I cant wait to see where you take it from here!

    ReplyDelete